I cannot believe it! I started this blog on the day that Bella began Kindergarten and now we've reached the end. At 1:00 today, my little one will be a first grader. SO exciting! Bella is so sad to leave her beloved Mrs. Strickland. When I exclaimed on Sunday that it was the last week of school, she burst into tears. (That's not surprising...she cried during her entire time backstage at her recital last weekend! It didn't start thankfully until after her dance was over, but she was sobbing in my friend Brook's arms when I came to get her after the show! She missed her mommy.) We've been doing all we can this week to help get her excited to move up to first grade and I think she finally sees the potential for every year getting better with wonderful new teachers and new friends. Ben and I painted a banner yesterday celebrating the end of the year and this morning we baked a cake to mark this momentous occasion. We're going to stop to pick up a balloon on our way to school for early dismissal. Fingers crossed that all our efforts will pay off in a happy child! After school we're headed to my work, Monticello, to see the hundreds of tadpoles in Mr. Jefferson's fishing pond! (The Kindergarten has been studying the life cycle of a frog - perfect!) I'm hoping Grounds and Gardens were able to put some aside for us to bring home. We'll see! More pics later....
1 comment:
I cannot believe it!!! It seems like yesterday that you posted it was her first day!
Post a Comment