Saturday was Central Elementary School's First Annual Walk-A-Thon. My friend Julie worked her tush off planning and preparing for this big event. Our big "contribution" was some signage and materials for the crazy hair station. As you can see, Bella and her friend Meghan truly enjoyed the crazy hair station to the hilt! I got the honors of facepainting but very happily handed the brushes over to a very artistic and willing Dad! I did get to take over the crazy hair for a short time but my "do's" paled in comparison to the salon owner who did the majority. Bella LOVED having crazy, pink, glittered, teased hair...up until bathtime when the bands and knots needed to come out. She has declared that next year she'll stick to color only. I'll believe it when I see it! Of course Ben is not one to be outdone: he had his hair spiked and sprayed blue!
We all had a great time at the Walk-A-Thon. We were so proud that Bella walked or (mostly) ran 13 laps! That's 3 1/4 miles! Who knew we had a track star in our presence! Ben was able to tackle 7 laps; not too shabby!
No comments:
Post a Comment