Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kenny's 75th Birthday Party

After much planning and hard work on behalf of the birthday boy and his better half (my mom), the birthday party went off without a hitch! There were three little ones there: our two and a little 18 month old named Joshua. They enjoyed the volleyball net, horseshoe pits, soccer balls, and parachute. I know Bella's favorite part was the popcorn machine - a fresh supply of salty snacks on hand all day! Unfortunately I think Ben's favorite part was the portapotties. He was fascinated. YUCK!
Papoo was surprised by all the gifts he received and seemed to have a great time socializing with his extended family, including his son Kenny Jr. who looks like a younger version of him.
My sister and I gifted the birthday boy with Eagles tickets, but Andy's contribution, a computer print-out of the Eagles cheerleaders, seemed to be what drew a crowd. So sad!
It was also nice to finally get to meet my sister's boyfriend Chris. Very sarcastic as I would expect and so good with the kids! I think Bella may have drawn about 150 pictures for him on her magnadoodle during the Wake Forest game Saturday night!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love Ben's shirt ;)