Today is an anniversary of sorts: one year of blogging. (Oh yeah, and one year since Lucy broke her jaw, but that's one I'd choose to forget.) The actual anniversary is in two days to be truthful, but today was Bella's first day of Kindergarten and the first day of school is when I started Hersman's Home Place last year!
This year the alarm in Bella's room sounded at 6:30 and at 6:31 she came bounding out of her room completely dressed and ready to go! I hope and pray that this behavior continues on a daily basis, but let's be realistic, she IS my child. Bella was THRILLED to be a first grader and so excited to get into the classroom. We visited last week and met her teacher Mrs. Dobbins and student teacher Miss B. One mention of Magic Tree House books and Bella was in love! (She is so enraptured by this particular series of children's books lately. She read three during quiet time one day last week.) Mrs. Dobbins told her that they read some of the series for reading groups so now she can't wait to get started.
Bella only has a few familiar friends in her class this year, but she isn't discouraged. Here she is on the school bus with one of her best buddies Addie and an old friend from when we first moved here, Alysanna. Doesn't it look like they're up to something? It sure helps ME seeing her this comfortable on the bus. No anxiety this year = no crying for Mom this year either!
And no crying for Ben as well. This sounds terrible, but I think he was glad to get me all to himself. Stay tuned after Labor Day for Ben's first day of preschool. Neither of us may make it without tears!
I had to add this last picture...apparently our bus driver was having mechanical troubles with the bus on her first route of the school year. We got a personal visit from our County Transportation Manager to let us know she'd be there in 10-15 minutes. I guess it helps that he lives three houses from our bus stop!
1 comment:
we have a ton of M.Treehouse books, plus several audio recordings...let me know if you want to borrow any!!
Post a Comment