you guessed it. The day from "you know where". Yesterday we had a plumber come out to fix the slightly leaky toilet in our powder room. For the longest time, I thought Ben just had really bad aim. No such luck. Our toilet needed to have a seal repaired between the bowl and the tank. Easy enough, right? No. The flapper is almost toast too. Cheap enough, right? No. Of course the losers who built our house chose $1000 toilets, so the flapper, which in a normal toilet costs $5, costs us $88. OK, so $300 later the toilet is fixed, right? No. This morning Ben and I went downstairs to the basement to watch TV. While enjoying a little
Phineas and Ferb, I hear a gentle **plink plink plink**. I walk into the basement bathroom to find four ceiling tiles ready to blow, a flooded floor, and a carpet like a sponge. Great. The Benjamin Franklin Plumbing company is kind enough to fit me into their 1-5pm window for repair. GRRRRR! Luckily, Andy came home to deal with them. I'm not sure how I would have reacted when they said that this problem was something completely different nor could the other plumber have anticipated this, blah blah blah. Oh, and they said that today's service was "on the house". Ya think????
To top it off, I was lucky enough to score some freebie Wiggles tickets to tonight's show at JPJ. I was planning on a little date night with Ben while Bella attended dance with her friends Claire and Emily. Well, wouldn't you know, Emily hopped off the school bus this afternoon and proceeded to barf all over. Claire's mom said the whole house has been sick so they are staying home as well. Guess it's up to me to drive to Gordonsville for dance! No Wiggles. I can't say that Ben is a gung ho Wiggles fan, but he's never been to a concert so I thought it would be fun. Plus Bella's already seen them twice and has certainly outgrown them.
Add in other details like the dogs eating a piano sheet music book & me buying Bella the wrong color jazz shoes, and we have the day from H**L.
At least A Few Good Men is on TV.
1 comment:
YUCK!!!! I am so sorry!!! Hope all is well now!
Post a Comment