Monday, June 8, 2009

Tennis Anyone?

Bella began tennis lessons on Saturday. A friend of mine who played professionally in England gives lessons here at the lake to kids and adults. I haven't worked up the nerve to try it out myself, being as uncoordinated as I am and all!  

Bella really seemed to enjoy her first lesson with her friend Emily, also a rising first grader. In a few weeks, one of her best friends (Meghan) will join the duo for the remaining lessons. Both Emily and Meghan have taken lessons with Sonia before so I'm just praying that Bella doesn't notice the difference in skill level and get frustrated. 
I think she did a fabulous job for her first time out. They began with some fun warm ups, playe catch and throw games with the ball, and then moved into a forehand swing and volley with the racket. So for so good!  More to come....

1 comment:

David Barber said...

Cindy, your blog is beautiful! You inspire me! California rocks-- the weather is perfect! We at Tahoe yesterday; Donald is golfing today... Looking forward to our coffee date soon! Miss you-
Kristin
(I signed on under my cousin's id.)