1. My small & wonderful circle of close girlfriends who rescue me time and time again in this "new" endeavor to be a working mom. It's so hard and I couldn't survive without you. You know who you are!
2. My husband. He didn't forget Mother's Day as I had suspected a few days ago. Well, if he did, he rallied and fooled me! He lets me sleep in on weekends, not just this one, and doesn't complain (much). And he picks the ticks off the dogs. And me. Love you honey!
3. Benjamin and his newest catch phrase: "I love my mommy". Works like a charm every time and is always accompanied by massive hugs and kisses.
4. Bella wanting to lay on the couch and read her Betsy Ross book along side me while I read my scarepire book ( as Ben calls it)!
5. My favorite books in the whole wide world right now. What else could get my butt out from in front of the TV? I love the Twilight series, I love Melissa G for introducing me to it, and I love Melinda my sitter for loaning me the other three. I may fall into a deep depression once I'm finished with #4.
6. My morning coffees. Do I need to elaborate?
7. My job. This has been a great way to ease into the world of work again. It's a laid back environment, I truly enjoy all the folks I work with, and I've learned so much. Plus, you give the kids back after a max of four hours. Can't beat that!
8. My pups and cat. Being around them just makes me a happier person. Even when Archie poops on the driveway and Lucy eats my lilac. Really.
9. The river nearby. We love going there on the weekends. It's something we can all 6 do together that IS FREE! It's no secret that I don't exactly love living in Fluvanna, the county with one traffic light, but this is one of the perks for sure.
10. Quiet walks. I can't say I go walking every day like some, but I try to get out a few times a week with both dogs. Sometimes Bella joins me and we talk about school and other things. Other times I just walk listen to my Ipod and tune everything else out for a while. I wish my knee would cooperate so I could do this more often, but I'll take what I can get!
I'm sure I'm overlooking more obvious things for my list, but this is what comes to mind first. :)
2 comments:
I love this! Thank you so much for sharing it!
it's a lovely list. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment