Thursday, December 18, 2008
December: Williamsburg
We headed off to Williamsburg on Saturday the 13th for our "whirlwind tour" of the Colonial Sights with our friends The Garretts. The kids loved the colonial attire (especially the hats), visited Santa on Merchant Square (SO authentic), and attended the traditional Yule Log Ceremony at the College of William and Mary. I think Bella enjoyed the caroling the most - there was caroling on the square throughout the day and caroling by various student groups at the Yule Log. Ben clearly did NOT enjoy visiting with Santa, especially when he and Andy exited Williams-Sonoma to find Santa himself staring them in the face. There was hiding and many tears despite all of Santa's efforts. I think Ben most enjoyed running through the streets of Colonial Williamsburg with his best pal Rudy. The Dads and kids also visited Historic Jamestown on Sunday. I got to hear all about the animals seen there like raccoons, skunks, and wolves. Yes, they were dead; no this did not traumatize my sensitive offspring like I would have expected. And yes, I was shopping as usual during this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment