Thursday, December 18, 2008

December: Great Wolf Lodge





Ok, it's time to catch up on my blogging! Get ready for the crazy month of December that is the life of a Hersman! So far everyone is healthy so we're a step ahead of last year. That being said, someone is now bound to get sick!

Let's start with our pre-birthday trip to Great Wolf. If you've never been to Great Wolf Lodge, I highly recommend it! Our first trip was when Ben had just turned 2. He was sick at the time and still managed to enjoy himself. Each time we go, both kids are in a new stage of water comfort. Bella is a much more confident swimmer than our trip back in April so she tried everything this time around with the exception of the Tornado, which she's too short to ride anyway. Ben LOVED the water slides. The faster the better. No holds barred, water in the face, cowabunga head first craziness! He's fearless and I can't wait for summer with him. Bella learned to swim at four, but thanks to his sister I think Ben will be three! (I'll start saving my money for lessons now!) I have to say, this trip was also nice because we didn't have to worry about diapers. That's a huge relief! Another major difference was that we didn't go the "Magic Quest". Andy and I purposely left the kid's wands at home. We enjoyed the water park aspect of GWL so much more by skipping this little detail. We even stayed at the park until 8:30 one night, enjoying some of the pools all by ourselves while all the other families were at dinner and storytime.






The best part of all: this was our "Birthday Trip", meaning we spent our money on a family event instead of two separate and chaotic birthday parties. The kids handled this better than I could have imagined. I think maybe we'll make this a new tradition, provided they don't get tired of Great Wolf. I don't think that could ever happen!

No comments: