
Yesterday we decided last minute to head up to Carter Mountain for a quick apple picking trip. At the time, we thought it would be a good idea to take Lucy, but without her harness on it became a challenging haul up and down the hills! The kids really showed their stamina though, walking down on their own and making it back up solo while polishing off a little of their newfound treasure! We decided to pick Jonagolds, of course the trees that seemed to be farthest away from the apple barn. We lucked into two fallen trees in the very first row we came upon. They were still live, but had branches chock full of HUGE apples close to the ground. The kids were thrilled - and I was glad we only had two bags because I think they would have picked longer if we had more room. It took no time at all to fill our bags because this crop has to have the largest apples I've seen in my life! Here are a few pics from today...yes, I forgot to take my camera. ARGH!
regular apple beside mammoth apple
Bella holding mammoth apple


3 comments:
Oh how fun! I can't wait for those days!
oooh, the Jonagolds look great!
mmm...I love me some jona golds - why do they have to put them so far from the barn?
Post a Comment