Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We have a sailboat!!!

We've always wanted a sailboat - Andy still thinks that when we retire we'll sell everything and sail to the Caribbean. Well, I went to a farewell party for a colleague a few weeks ago that was hosted by a friend here at the lake. My friend and her husband are retired and live right on the water. As I was admiring their gorgeous view from the house, I commented on their pontoon boat and the adorable sailboat next to the water. Their response was: "Do you want it?" Um, let me think about it...YES!!!! They were about to freecycle it - seriously - and just wanted it to go to a good home. Lake Monticello isn't really meant for sailing, but Lake Anna is a good alternative, and of course we can always head to Tall Timbers with it. Now the search begins for a boat trailer and a cover, as she is currently residing in our side yard just waiting to fill with rainwater. :)

No comments: